Render in AutoCAD

Alex Moiceanu

Hello everybody!

Please tell me what software I can use for render my .dwg files.

Render in AutoCAD is not quite as good as I want.

I want a better software with more powerful tools and easy to use.

What is your budget? My first thought would be 3ds Max (by AutoDesk) but it's going to cost you.

Another option is Kerkythea. Here's a link to it. http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=57

By the way, what are the specs on your computer? Many users find that their systems are underpowered when it comes to rendering. The main complaint is that the process is too slow.

Do you have a 64-bit system?

Unfortunately I have a 32-bit Operating System but my system is 64-bit capable...

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 215 Processor 2.70 GHz

RAM: 2GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce

Rendering is CPU intensive on systems not using the latest technology. You're going to have some time on your hands waiting for your renderings to complete if they are big and complex.

If your system is 64-bit capable you should make every effort to fully convert it over by changing out your OS and your CAD software from 32-bit to 64-bit.

What OS are you running at the moment?

BTW...2GB of RAM is bare minimum for a CAD system being used for 3D.

Rendering is CPU intensive on systems not using the latest technology. You're going to have some time on your hands waiting for your renderings to complete if they are big and complex.

If your system is 64-bit capable you should make every effort to fully convert it over by changing out your OS and your CAD software from 32-bit to 64-bit.

What OS are you running at the moment?

BTW...2GB of RAM is bare minimum for a CAD system being used for 3D.

I would agree with ReMark on upgrading your system.

Accurender runs inside AutoCAD, http://www.accurender.com/

A popular rendering software that works inside AutoCAD. It uses raytracing and radiosity technologies to create high quality, still and animated images.

It allows you to apply hundreds of materials, textures, colors and lights available in the library. Includes a number of tools to analyze shades, shadows, reflections and lighting conditions.

You should browse through the Showcase, and the 3D sections, see some renderings you like and find out what they were rendered with and the machine specs.