Brace - Parametric or Dynamic Block

qball

I have this Brace Plate for a Steel Braced Frame. I have constrained it as you can see. But I have two outstanding problems.

If I insert the block at Point A, I need to attach Point B to the intersection of the Frame. Then I need to make Line 1 parallel to the braced frame angle via Point C.

In one method I tried, I put Point B at a Coincident to the intersection required. But then I couldn't get Point C to attach to the Nearest of the Brace Angle.

The second problem is if I insert the block at the top of the brace and mirror it all the constraints are lost. Do I need 4 different blocks for the 4 corners of a brace?

bracedframe.dwg

I gave it a quick glance, but looks like you need some rotate parameters and maybe a flip. Draw something showing me all of the positions you need it in.

I think the 4 different orientations are the least of my worries.

When I added a rotation parameter it seemed to have worked on the first manipulation, but when I went to grab the rotation node again, the brace piece would only stretch horizontal or vertical.

the yellow frame on the right of the attached is a good example. But as you can see, I've locked point A to where it should be, but Point B won't attach the proper spot. And grabbing Point C won't allow to attach to the Yellow Centreline

bracedframe2.dwg