Newtons cradle

sandeep410

How to do this in solid works,When i tried the ball just went through other balls.How can i make 1st ball collide with other and not pass through.

For some reason i cannot select cam mates between two spheres.

• 1 month later...

That was done in an advanced motion study with gravity turned on. In tools>add-ins do you have Solidworks Motion? I believe that is the only way you can simulate collision and gravity. The mates you would need to add are Cam Mates between all the balls.

That was done in an advanced motion study with gravity turned on. In tools>add-ins do you have Solidworks Motion? I believe that is the only way you can simulate collision and gravity. The mates you would need to add are Cam Mates between all the balls.

I tried doing it but after collision only the balls starts wobbling but i want only last ball to move like shown in video.

ill give it a shot when i get a chance to see if i have the same issues. You will need gravity, and a cam mate between all the balls. Your best bet is having the ball and "string" as one solid hinged at the frame so its restricted to a single axis of revolution.