I have an error message using NUMINC Lisp routine

Croftyno1

Hi all

Lee MACKS NUMINC lisp command is excellent and I use it all the time. I have a small problem with it tho, I keep getting this message on other lisp routines I use -----

("; error: An error has occurred inside the *error* functionAutoCAD variable

setting rejected: "CMDECHO" nil) -----

After trying to find out why I get this message when I use other lisp routines I manually loaded and unloaded all my routines. I found out that once NUMINC (on startup) has loaded this is when I get this message when using other routines. When unloaded I dont get this message on other routines.

Has anybody else reported this problem? CMDECHO cannot be false so not sure whats happening.

Thanks

crofty

The problem is with the *error* function. The *error* function has been defined within the NUMINC Lisp. This definition is still in place when you are running your other lisps. So when you error out of your other lisps it triggers the *error* function but this definition is using varables that were defined locally within the NUMINC. Within the defined *error* function CMDECHO is to be set to a variable within a list called ov. This ov varable was defined locally and is no longer present when you are running your other lisps. What seems odd is that Lee had defined the *error* function locally, so why would that definition still be present? I don't nessecarily recomend it but a quick fix is to set the *error* function to nil.

(setq *error* nil)

Or just wait untill you hear from Lee Mac himself.

• Like 1

I very much doubt that it is my program causing your error, since, as Hippe correctly points out, my *error* function is localised within the NumInc function definition, and furthermore the statement to restore the System Variables in my program is error trapped in itself.

It sounds like you are using a program in which the *error* function is not localised and that is attempting to restore the CMDECHO System Variable using a perhaps localised variable with no checking for a non-nil value before attempting to set the CMDECHO System Variable.

Lee

• Confused 1

• 8 years later...
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2011 at 4:53 PM, Lee Mac said:

I very much doubt that it is my program causing your error, since, as Hippe correctly points out, my *error* function is localised within the NumInc function definition, and furthermore the statement to restore the System Variables in my program is error trapped in itself.

It sounds like you are using a program in which the *error* function is not localised and that is attempting to restore the CMDECHO System Variable using a perhaps localised variable with no checking for a non-nil value before attempting to set the CMDECHO System Variable.

Lee

LISP에서 오류를 피하려면 어떻게해야합니까?

From SLW210:

Translation "How can I avoid the error in LISP"

Please use English Hackzza