2 Dimensional Objects into an Isometric Representation

zabijecie

I draw alot of piping in 2D, then i go ahead and draw an isometric view of this 2d piping. Is there a way i can draw this piping once and make a view rotation of some sort to automatically convert this piping into an isometric view?

For example, i will draw a line up, across and then show a cirlce representing a turn down of piping. Could autocad be programed or is there a way to avoid having to draw each indiviual piece in isometric view whereas this can be automated?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=15307081

Download the User Guide and start reading under Piping and also Schematic. They have lots of detailed info to get you started. Once you get rolling, however, all you'll do is rotate the View to an Isometric View to create the Iso effect from a plan view.

I draw alot of piping in 2D, then i go ahead and draw an isometric view of this 2d piping. Is there a way i can draw this piping once and make a view rotation of some sort to automatically convert this piping into an isometric view?

For example, i will draw a line up, across and then show a cirlce representing a turn down of piping. Could autocad be programed or is there a way to avoid having to draw each indiviual piece in isometric view whereas this can be automated?

You can draw the piping in 3D, using lines which gives you the iso views, when moving to a top view of that you would need to add the circle for the down pipe. Simply use layers for things that need to be shown in the top view like the circle and freeze it in a viewport for the iso view. Not automatic but I think it is much easier than drawing different views of the same thing. Draw it in 3D once or in 2D multiple times. Adding dimensions is easier when working in 3D if the dims need to be shown in the iso view. You also don't need iso symbols when drawing in 3D.

Thanks for the link, now time to read! hahaha.

Ja sie nie boje hahaha

rkent's way does work though, and actually is a very creative idea to be honest. It wouldn't require the excessive learning curve that MEP would require.