Titleblock conversion from inches to meters

VBG-FSDG

I am currently doing a project in Mexico. I have received the building background from the Architect. I have figured out how to make my background into meters from inches (might not have done it the correct way though). My problem is I am not sure I am converting the titleblock correctly. My current titleblock is 24x36 and I need it in meters. I also need to know which scale factor to use on paper space. I usually use 1/4” = 1’-0”. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1" = 25.4mm

1 meter = 3.28 feet (approximately 3'-3 3/8").

You can do the math right?

A metric scale of 1:50 comes the closest to being equal to 1/4"=1'-0" imperial.

I am currently doing a project in Mexico. I have received the building background from the Architect. I have figured out how to make my background into meters from inches (might not have done it the correct way though). My problem is I am not sure I am converting the titleblock correctly. My current titleblock is 24x36 and I need it in meters. I also need to know which scale factor to use on paper space. I usually use 1/4” = 1’-0”. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You won't really convert the title block so much as simply stretch it to a metric standard size. An A1 metric title block is 594mm x 841mm which is close to 24x36, so change your units to metric, now find where 594 and 841 sits in relation to the left and bottom edge of the title block and adjust from there. Remember to allow for the plotters inability to plot to the edge of the paper, etc. If you are drawing in meters then a scale of 1:50 is not going to look right or display properly, I don't work in metric but I could imagine you needing a scale factor much smaller than 1:50. Does a scale factor or 1:50 even make sense for an architectural drawing in meters?