Specific Annotations In AutoCAD 2010 Not Found

QualityEngineer

Hi all,

Right then, this is my first real job using AutoCAD since taking the decision to abandon manual drafting some months ago.

I'm, annotating a drawing for a F1 Car Development House and am specifying the All round surface finish of the product and can't seem to find the right annotations for it. For those not entirely sure what i'm on about, here's a drawing of the annotation.

surf_fin_sym_8.gif

Ive tried using a leaderline and changing the arrowhead, but the annotation graphic is not there at all and i've basically resigned myself to manually annotating this by designing the graphics myself but, before I do, is this graphic present or do I have to draw manually and if so, is there a way of storing this custom graphic for use later like a macro?

Thanks

QE

not the answer you're looking for but if all else fails you could draw what you want as a block with an attribute? this would make it accessible to easy use and repeatable.

Surface finish annotations are not a normal part of AutoCAD. Create a normal block or even a dynamic block and put it on a new Tool Palette for future use along with any other custom blocks you may find yourself needing on a continuing basis.

ok cool. Would it be helpful to anyone if I design these to ASME standards, then post them here if anybody else needs them? Or is that not allowed by AutoDesk and/or yourselves...

Thanks

QE

I can't see where that would be a problem for AutoDesk.

As for CADTutor, I don't see that as being a problem either but that's entirely up to the moderators and the site's owner. People post all kinds of drawings as well as lisp routines, hatch patterns, fonts, and alike. I think the only real problem is CT does not have a dedicated area for content such as this. It's been a topic of discussion in the past.

Well,

If they are of any use to anyone, here are all the surface tolerance indicator graphics done in blocks to ASME and ISO standards. Considering the amount of work i've just seen thats come in, ill be using these ALOT!!!!! :(

Hope they are helpful,,

QE

Basic-surface-finish.dwg

Approx-circular-surface.dwg

Surface-to-be-machined.dwg

All-round-to-be-machined.dwg

Crossed-in-2-oblique-directions-to-plane-of-projection.dwg

Material-removal-not-allowed.dwg

Perpendicular-to-plane-of-direction.dwg

Material-removal-not-allowed-all-round.dwg

Parallel-plane-of-direction.dwg

Multi-Directional-Surface.dwg