Aliases

meecpc

I have been having trouble with the Alias commands. I have always used "M" for move and "L" for line, but now they are for "Measure" and "List" and no matter how many times I change the alias' the changes dont take affect. Is there anything else I can do?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• meecpc

• BlackBox

• Jack_O'neill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After you made the changes to the acad.pgp file did you issue a REINIT command to reinitialize the file? No? Then that's probably why your changes did not seem to take affect.

The issue you *may* be experiencing is that your session of AutoCAD is loading the wrong acad.pgp file (OEM, if you will).

For example, our setup utilizes a custom directory structure which is incorporated into our support structure, where (our) acad.pgp is stored on our personal server space. *IF* the wrong support search file path is higher in the list (say the OOTB file path?), then the *wrong* acad.pgp file is loaded.

Just a thought.

No problem. Go to your 'tools' menu, down to 'options', then click on the 'files' tab. click the plus sign next to Support File Search Path and see where it goes. Your PGP (command aliases) will be there. Also check to make sure you don't have the same shortcut for two commands. Be sure also that you are editing it with notepad or a similar plain text editor. Word processors like Microsoft Word sometimes don't work properly for this application. Yours will be somewhat different from the picture below since you are using a different version, but this should serve to point you in the right direction.

support files.jpg

meecpc: Dispell all doubts. Are you on a standalone system or working off a network?

Yes, very important. If you are working off a network, you may need to get the admin's permission to have a custom pgp file. Changing it on a network will change it for everyone that uses it and could make you very unpopular with your co-workers.

meecpc: When you edited the acad.pgp did you just add the new commands "M" for Move etc. or did you actually change the ones that were there already?

if there was a problem with OP's entry in .pgp they'd get an error message, right? although i guess if there's multiple entries would AutoCAD just use the first in the list?