AutoCad compatability

marvin

Hi, Newbi here. I've got AutoCad 2000 and need to buy a newer computer. I now have Win. 2000 and wonder if my version of AutoCad will operate on Win7?

TIA!

Marvin

Hi, Newbi here. I've got AutoCad 2000 and need to buy a newer computer. I now have Win. 2000 and wonder if my version of AutoCad will operate on Win7?

TIA!

Marvin

I don't have a definitive answer since I have not tried it but I would guess that it would not. I think you can run programs in compatibility mode in W7, so that might be the answer. Call an autodesk reseller in your area.

Hi Marvin, not sure about r2000 on Win7 but there are a few, free AutoCAD LT like programs on the web. These will run on Win7 and they will have a bit more mature tool sets as compared to r2000.

Look at -[]-S-[draftsight]"]Draftsight and maybe DoubleCAD XT if 2D is all you need. Both read and write current versions of DWG.

Good luck and let us know if you get r2000 working on Win7.

TIA!

Marvin

Some people have gotten older versions of AutoCAD to run under Windows 7. Unfortunately it seems that at some point the programs ceases to function (possibly due to the updates Microsoft constantly issues) and then they are left with a non-function program. You might want to seek out an alternative.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.! For right now I'm just using my old computer, for ACad only, and it seems to be Ok for now but will look into these other options at some point.