Scaling is different in the viewport when working on the model than the model space?

TCad

I seem to be having a spot of bother.

I've done a civil drawing in 2D on AUTOCAD 2010 (standard).

All fine and hunky dory.

I then change to my A0 template on a different tab in the same drawing, size up the model in model space within the viewport (everything still fine), then as soon as I scale the model to 1:200 the icons I've added to the drawing (I say icon it's one particular group of icons - CCTV camera icons I've made and added) suddenly become massive and three times the size.

If I add them when already at 1:200 they're fine but it only seems to do this when I actually scale the drawing.

What would cause this?

Any help appreciated!

I believe that is the problem, I didn't realise the annovative scale also worked in the model tab, I always just did the blocks and drawings 1:1 then changed the scale in the view space appropriately.

I'll check with the rest of the drawings to see if this has sorted it.

If so thanks for the help!

The problem is I've joined a job half way through and the previous CAD modeller has done some very bizarre things with the model so I'm still trying to go through and work out all the bugs with it (and I'm not very confident with AutoCAD myself).

It's a civil drawing I'm working on and he's drawn the site plan in the model space, but then added all the annotations and symbols ontop of the view port on the page template....for what reason I'm not to sure, but that was fun having to sort that out....

Thanks for the help again!

Doing all annotation and dimensioning in a layout is not all that bizarre. That's what I do for my fabrication drawings. The reason is mainly that I don't want to deal with scalelists. As long as one sets their dimension style to associative it all works out.

Ah ok, didn't quite think of it like that, but makes sense.

How would one change it to associative?

I suppose it depends on what you're intending using it all for as well.

It's the dimensions that must be designated as associative.

I believe I gave you one wrong piece of advice. To make dimensions associative one must go through Options. Look on the User preferences tab, right hand side under Associative Dimensioning. Check off the box for "Make new dimensions associative."

In my line of work I can get away with not using annotative text or dimensioning. Other CAD users may not be so fortunate.