batch plotting

bjenk8100

Hello,

I was given a dvd with several dwgs on it. I am trying to print all of them. How can I bring them all into a batch plot and print them at a certain size without modifying each drawings page layout. Is this possible

I use a *.bat file and a script. Maybe these will inspire you.

Script:

-plot
y
Model
dwg to pdf.pc3
ISO A4 (297.00 x 210.00 MM)
Millimeters
Portrait
n
extents
Fit
Center
n
n
A
N
Y
delay 1000
quit

Bat file:

FOR %%V IN (*.DWG) DO START /W "c" "D:\AutoCAD 2011\acad.exe" %%V /nologo /b "C:\Users\yourmap\Documents\My Scripts\dwg_to_pdf.scr"
FOR %%V IN (*.BAK) DO DEL %%V

SB

Hello,

I was given a dvd with several dwgs on it. I am trying to print all of them. How can I bring them all into a batch plot and print them at a certain size without modifying each drawings page layout. Is this possible

Start by opening a drawing with a pagesetup you know works for the plotter and page size you want, or create that, and save, but leave open. Start Publish, pick the drawings, now select them all and use the pagesetup override by picking on the down arrow for the drawing you know has the pagesetup you want to use, pick that pagesetup. That will assign that override for all of those drawings.

If you don't want Modelspace you will first need to right click in the open space where the files will be listed and unselect include modelspace.

With respect to batch printing, I am looking for a lisp that can identify all 297x210 (Landscape) or 210x297 (Portrait) rectangle and print all that are found therein at a scale of 1:1 to such and such non-pdf printer in model space or per page layout. An extension to that will be a pdf printer. However naming individual files would be a problem.

i have no idea what that implies. any other solutions or better directions are appreciated

A script is basicaly a ASCII text file with a sucsession of inputs.

To make one, all u need is a basic text editor(notepad).

What is in it? At each line you can write what you would bring in at the command line of your autocad.

f.e.:

A simple script to draw a line:

line

You can run these script to automate all kinds of things.

To do so, one way is to go to "tools" "run script".

To plot something, you can go the regular way, which would be clicking on the plot button, or use the command plot, or even use the shortcut ctrl+p.

Then Autocad opens the diaologue box where you can choose all the settings you need for.

Another way is to do it by entering all settings at the command prompt.

This is usefull whith scripts because if you want to automate things, you dont want to have to select these settings yourself, right? Otherwise your script would stop when dialogue box opens.

Now try the plot command at the command prompt, but with " - " before it, like this: -plot. This way you can enter all the settings at the command line, see?

The code i gave you, is like all the settings you would have entered, but in a text file. By running this script, autocad will read all the lines as if you would enter them one by one.

The other code, is the text to put in another text file that you have to rename to *.bat. f.e.: printdwg.bat

This code will look for the exe-file of your autocad to start it up, look for the script to run and finaly delete all *.bak file if any.

All you need now is a folder with all the drawings in it and a copy of this *.bat file. Close Autocad if it's open, and dubble click on the *.bat file.

It will open autocad, run the script, close autocad, open autocad, run the script and so on...

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Regards,

SB

i cannot find page setup override

It won't be labeled as pagesetup override, use the column that lists the pagesetups, use the down arrow and pick the one you want. If you first have all the drawing highlighted then that will use that pagesetup for all of the drawings.