Grouping/Trimming Blocks

UCLandArch

I am new to AutoCAD from another CAD software (DynaScape). I am a landscape architect and I am wanting to combine multiple blocks (ie: shrubs, trees, etc) and then trim any overlapping lines/plines. Any help on creating and editing these blocks on AutoCAD MAC would be most helpful!

They (AutoDesk) left so much content out of AutoCAD for Mac that I'm not sure what you can/can't do. Try the GROUP command to combine multiple blocks. The trimming part might be problematic though since you'll be trimming differently for each area the blocks are used in.

Is there lisp support in AutoCAD for Mac? I can't recall.

OK...I found a link to a memo by AutoDesk detailing what is missing in AutoCAD for Mac. You might want to take a look at it.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15833488&linkID=15839490

Edited by ReMark

They (AutoDesk) left so much content out of AutoCAD for Mac that I'm not sure what you can/can't do. Try the GROUP command to combine multiple blocks. The trimming part might be problematic though since you'll be trimming differently for each area the blocks are used in.

Is there lisp support in AutoCAD for Mac? I can't recall.

OK...I found a link to a memo by AutoDesk detailing what is missing in AutoCAD for Mac. You might want to take a look at it.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15833488&linkID=15839490

Looks like AutoCAD for MAC is a cruel joke for MAC users. :shock:

If you have wipeouts available try making them wipeouts, you may be able to use Solid Hatch.