Viewport Issue: Not displaying Xref

funk

Hi guys, having a little trouble recently with my viewport displaying my xrefs.

I recently opened a file 2 weeks old to replace some xrefs.

I detatched the existing xrefs and added the new ones, everything fit perfectly in model space except the xrefs were not showing up in the viewports, only the current drawings linework.

I tried thawing and turning on every layer, reconciled layers and exporting and importing layer states, the only thing that seems to work is if create a new viewport.

I dont mind doing this only the image I am updating is in Illustrator and I want the viewport to be exactly the same so I can just update the pdf and not have to re-colour to much in Illustrator.

Couldn't find much on this problem on forums, if anyone could point me to the same problem thread or let me know what i'm doing wrong that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Dave

its a long shot, but try recovering the original base drawings (the ones that are xrefed in). Although if I remember right, this solution usually only applies if the xref isnt printing, but you never know.

Did you check the layer states of the orriginal Xref file? See if you have any "hide in viewport" options going on?

Also might wanna check on the properties of the viewport for "display lock" "annotative" ""linked to sheet" and so...

Hi guys, having a little trouble recently with my viewport displaying my xrefs.

I recently opened a file 2 weeks old to replace some xrefs.

I detatched the existing xrefs and added the new ones, everything fit perfectly in model space except the xrefs were not showing up in the viewports, only the current drawings linework.

I tried thawing and turning on every layer, reconciled layers and exporting and importing layer states, the only thing that seems to work is if create a new viewport.

I dont mind doing this only the image I am updating is in Illustrator and I want the viewport to be exactly the same so I can just update the pdf and not have to re-colour to much in Illustrator.

Couldn't find much on this problem on forums, if anyone could point me to the same problem thread or let me know what i'm doing wrong that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Sounds like they are frozen in the viewport. This is seperate from the standard layer freeze.

Thanks guys, Nah the viewport layers were all thawed as were the general freeze options.

I havn't looked at viewport properties which you suggested sitting bull I will have a look.

I ended up attaching the existing pdf to the paperspace layout, and aligning the new VP line work to it, so it was 99.9% correct when I pdf'd it into Illustrator, not a proper solution but I didn't have a lot of time.

The original Xref options were thawed I actually detached the file (which was all set right and showing all the right layers in the VP) and attached the new xref and poof, none of the XR line work would show only the line work drawn in the current dwg.

Thanks for the advice guys hopefully I can fix it cause it isn't the first time this has happened.

Cheers,

Dave