For mouse right button snap points I must push the Shift key down.

muck

AutoCAD 2010.

To access my snap points using the right button on my mouse I must push the shift key down.

Is there avoid the shift key when I push the right button on my mouse.

Thank you,

I would suggest you look into setting your osnaps to suit your needs better rather than changing the mouse buttons you can have any combo you like we have the osnaps set to shorthand keys so we can change in a particular situation easily, changing the mouse button will turn something off that you may be using.

Heres an example

(defun C:39 ()(setvar "osmode" 39))
(defun C:99 ()(setvar "osmode" 99))
(defun C:8 ()(setvar "osmode" )
(defun C:59 ()(setvar "osmode" 15359))
(defun C:9 ()(setvar "osmode" 9))

put this in you autoload.lsp and just type the number

So how does a person "Yes. Modify your button assignments"

Thank you,

Use your Mouse Software (you failed to mention what mouse you use), modifying your CUI (you failed to mention what version of AutoCAD you are using) or a third party software like x-mouse button control.

The more specific info you give the more specific answers I can give.

It is AutoCAD 2010 with a standard 3 button Microsoft mouse. I went to my CUI under Mouse-single click and put in $P0=SNAP $p0=* in my menu and that did not work.

Thank you,

Since the code in the above post did not work. Could it be in the windows driver?

Thank you,

Most likely. Which Microsoft mouse do you use? What is so difficult about using Shift+Right-Click?

I don't know what the shift key is required when using a right mouse button. When I don't have the shift key down I get a menu with Repeat Open, Recent input, cut, copy, copy with paste, ... etc. What is that menu? I prefer to have the 0snap menu in its place. Is it an AutoCAD menu.

First of all , in AutoCAD cui is button 2 for the mouse the right button?

It list 10 buttons for a 3 button MS mouse. The mouse is a Microsoft mouse.

Here is a snapshot of my mouse cui in zip file format.

MouseSettings.zip

As Alan said, set MBUTTONPAN to 0 and you can just click your center wheel. However, this does not make any sense as shift right click will get you the same thing, and clicking the center wheel can be used for transparent pan, so why have 2 button combinations that do the same thing. Shift Right click has been the method to bring up the osnap menu for at least the last 6 releases I believe. If you really wanted to do it quicker, why not memorize the osnap aliases and dont worry about clicking anything, just key it in a go.