LSP Automatically Loaded Problem

acadesign09

Sir,

Can anybody here knows the solution on how I remove LSP in my Autocad Files.

History: It started yesterday, when I copied one file from other company it happen automatically LSP loaded. I was really busy that time, yes when I open the file in my screen it appeared "some info"on the screen, and because Im very busy I didnot read the screen info, I just click one of choices". Without knowing this is LSP file...

The following day, I cant do anything, I cant print,make hatching and even all files affected...some files I cant see the hatch, its all disappear...pls help me....

One of my fren, told me only solution is REINSTALL the software of Autocad but In our company computr we dont have access to install and reinstalled because it needs administrator pasword....and it takes time for our technician to come, they need work order b4 they make any solution...so is there any solution without reinstalling the software?

Thanks in advance

Sounds to me like you downloaded a virus. If that's the case, you may have some big problems. I hope your company does regular back ups.

Sir Jack, what you mean BIG PROBLEMS? Is it mean, all my works, specially in Drive D cad files affected? I'm making back-up in Drive D. If for sample, they reinstall the Autocad, then scan all files is there any change to recover all my files???

Please I need ur comprehensive answer...

Thanks

Sir Jack, what you mean BIG PROBLEMS? Is it mean, all my works, specially in Drive D cad files affected? I'm making back-up in Drive D. If for sample, they reinstall the Autocad, then scan all files is there any change to recover all my files???

Please I need ur comprehensive answer...

Thanks

Much will depend how your IT department handles it. If your company makes regular back ups to another drive, you can probably get most of your files back after the virus has been removed. If not, hopefully you've activated the automatic backup creation in Autocad. These files will end in .bak. Hopefully the virus did not corrupt those files as well. If not, you can change the .bak to .dwg and recover the drawing. Follow the link Remark gave you for instructions on detecting and removing the ACAD.VLX virus. You will need administrator privileges to do this. If you don't have them, you will need to get your IT department to assist you. It is very important that whether it is this one or a different virus that all traces of it be removed from your system before you try to access any other files. If not, it will simply spread and cause more damage.

Yes sir ReMark, I copied one file from other company...from his USb..then the following day, LSP started to load automatically.

Sir, if I follow the link above is there change to recover all affected files?

Much will depend how your IT department handles it. If your company makes regular back ups to another drive' date=' you can probably get most of your files back after the virus has been removed. If not, hopefully you've activated the automatic backup creation in Autocad. These files will end in [i'].bak. [/i]Hopefully the virus did not corrupt those files as well. If not, you can change the .bak to .dwg and recover the drawing. Follow the link Remark gave you for instructions on detecting and removing the ACAD.VLX virus. You will need administrator privileges to do this. If you don't have them, you will need to get your IT department to assist you. It is very important that whether it is this one or a different virus that all traces of it be removed from your system before you try to access any other files. If not, it will simply spread and cause more damage.

Thanks for very informative answers....thanks

Did you read the information in the link I provided?

Any drawing that you opened after receiving the virus, if indeed you did get the acad.vlx virus, would be corrupted. Files that weren't opened would not be corrupted.

Have you tried shutting down your system down completely then restarting it, loading AutoCAD and reopening one of the files that exhibited the problem? What happens?

What other steps have you taken to discern the cause of the problem?

Yes sir ReMark, and I will apply that tomorrow, if our IT will come... I think and I'm sure this is the best solution...for my problem...I'll inform you if the problem solve...

By the way, thank you very for giving me chance to share your idea and comprehensive information...

I would also contact the originator of the file.

He should be able to run the lisp check and see if he has the acad.vlx without IT, he will need IT only to remove the files.

I would also contact the originator of the file.

He should be able to run the lisp check and see if he has the acad.vlx without IT, he will need IT only to remove the files.

If that is possible sir, much better, because sometimes IT makes long time before they make action...hoping for that info...

There are two types of viruses that can affect AutoCAD. They are explained in this link.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=12903754&linkID=9240617

Don't thank me yet. Your problem has not been pinpointed exactly nor has it been solved. I'm just throwing out some ideas. Good luck.

Ok, hofefully that all these ideas make me solve the problem....

Never blindly extract an archive without checking its contents

AutoLISP-based viruses usually get into a system because they accompany other files. When you receive an archive (.zip, .rar, etc.), always inspect the contents before unpacking them onto a network or local drive. Be wary of archives that also include executables (.exe), ObjectARX files (.arx), or AutoLISP or VBA files.

That right there is some good advice.