"Tags" w/ associative/interactive schedules

Cad Monkey 2

I'm trying to get the hang of using the built-in automatic/associative (or whatever it's called) schedules that link to the AEC objects.

I think there are probably similar functions in other AutoCAD/Autodesk products, but I'm not sure.

First off, I create a schedule linked to the objects, but it doesn't display all of the information listed when viewed in properties - for example the window schedule doesn't show the operation (e.g.: casement), head height, sill height etc. Is there a way to get this to show?

The tags are created in model space because that's the only way that one can select the objects, but that's frustrating, because the whole point of layout space is to have all the annotation there. Is there a way to have the tags in layout space instead?

Same thing for the schedule itself - I can cut and paste it into layout space, but it scales the window sizes to the plot scale and makes the window dimensions weird, like 1" x 1" for a 48" by 48" window when I"m plotting at 1/4" = 1'-0" scale (1=48 ). It also brought the window and a section of the wall into layout space (scaled up in size) even though I didn't select it for the cut, paste operation.

The tag disappeared when I tried to cut and paste it into layout space.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Cad Monkey 2

OK, I've found how to add the information such as operation (or "style") it's all under "Edit Style" and then "add columns", but I'm still baffled by the model space vs. layout space issues.