text edit in layout - problem

flopo

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with a drawing: when i'm trying to edit a text from layout, by double-click on the text, i get into the model. I cannot edit any text from layout by double click on it - any ideeas about this? Thanks!

Check that the text is definitely on layout space! If it is try selecting the text using a window then use the right click menu to edit the text. I've just tried messing with the draw order to replecate your problem and can't. There must be a variable command I don't know.

Somebody told me this is a problem that appear when i work with a drawing converted to autocad from other format (other cad software). Any ideea what should i do in this situation? a new conversion...or i don't know...Thanks!

Not experienced that myself when using drawings not from CAD. Can you select the text at all or is it only the double click that isn't working?

Is the text a block? Has the text become exploded if vector text? Can you upload the dwg?

The problem is the same for me on LT2010. Selecting and right click EDIT MTEXT does work but double clicking the text after selecting it opens the viewport.

Afraid my only solution is resizing the viewport or creating a polyline viewport (like the one I have attached) to miss the text in the table. Maybe someone like ReMark knows a variable to change what gets selected by a double click, I'll do some research at lunch time.

Reazem fix Dn 600.dwg

Using the original drawing posted I have no trouble at all double clicking on text to edit it when done through the viewport. This is with using AutoCad full, so perhaps it is an AutoCad Lt thing?