How to create different floors/sto​ries in autocad11 ?.

adumi

Being a N00b, I already learned how to draw a plan of walls in autocad11 and make sure they have the desired height, so I can now draw a whole floor or story. But I do not know how to draw the one above it or under it.

Thank you in advance.

Just to be clear...you are using Architecture 2011 and not generic AutoCAD right?

Have you tried looking in your Help file or your User's Guide?

Indeed. Not generic CAD but Architecture 2011. Sorry for not stating that clearly before. Tried before posting searching help for `floor` `story`. After you mentioned the term `level` tried searching the Autocad help for it. I did get a confirmation it does exist, but no info at all as to how to create it. Example: this was under "Generating multiple leveles in the same drawing": http://help.autodesk.com/kb/display.do?ROW_ID=1-GQ9-4303

Thanks.

Thanks ReMark, that term did it. the command is `Elev` or `change>properties>Elev`

Solved my problem, have a great day, thanks.

Elev is supported in plane jane Autocad as well, using a combination of ELEV and THICKNESS you can create 3d walls for any one else that does not have Architecture.

Thanks for your response, BIGAL, Would I be using in that case a spline or a line ? Tried using a `line` in architecture and adding to it`s thickness. The thickness does change in it`s properties menu but the line itself doesnt "look" thicker in the graphic display on the screen. I`m actually experiencing some problems with the Architecture Build>wall line so the option you`re talking about may be useful for me if I could only make that line "look" thick, too.

Thanks.

Please ask in an Architectural Desktop forum, there is a definite method to adding stories to your file. It has been a while since I had that program and can't remember the terminology but it is very different from plain AutoCAD. I think you need to look up Constructs.