Dimension Style override issue

Bonjerdo

Somewhere along the line this problem crept in - im not sure if its possible but i might have gotten it from one of my colleagues settings in the past.

I am using autocad 2010 (32 bit) on windows xp on a dual core pc.

The problem:

Everytime i open a drawing it has a Dimension Style override on one of my dimension styles.

If i delete it then it will only re-appear when i open the drawing again.

It never goes away.

See attached picture.

What i have tried:

Audit

Purge

Thats it.

So if anyone can help i would be very grateful.

Image002.jpg

That was too easy. Are we being "punked"?

I right-clicked on the style override and selected Delete. When asked if I really wanted to take that action I said "yes". The style was deleted and I immediately saved then closed the drawing. When I opened it up the style override was nowhere to be found.

OK...now what?

I have also tried that and still doesn't work... it seems as though something else is causing it to happen.

Thanks for trying.

My PC will be reformatted soon so hopefully after that it will be gone for good.

But between now and then i would like to try and sort this thing out.

Any other suggestions - anybody? :?

My first suggestion is that unless there is an overwhelming reason for reformatting your hard drive it shouldn't be done.

It's an issue with the drawing itself and not with AutoCAD in my opinion. I think the style is in use somewhere in your drawing and you just haven't found it. Since you stripped out 99% of the drawing you provided us the problem did not return once the style was deleted.

You need to do a Qselect and get all Dimensions into a single style. You are obviously using the Dimstyle with the Override. First thing I did with your drawing was go to Purge, no Dimstyles showed up to be Purged.

If you have a acaddoc.lsp file loading on opening a drawing and that has a dimvar setting then you will get that override. Open that drawing, set one of the other styles current, save, close, reopen. Does the override show up in the dimstyle you set current? If yes then find the acaddoc.lsp and comment that dimvar out.

Hi rkent - what you have explained sounds interesting but how do i go about doing it step by step? - Thanks

At the command line in AutoCAD type

(findfile "acaddoc.lsp")

Let us know if it reports back a file exists, note its location. Navigate to that file in the windows file explorer, temporarily name it as acaddoc.lsp.bak. Open another drawing and see if it still happens. Report back.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Remark - I tried a few things - still cant find what you suggested. All i do now when i open my drawing is go into dimstyles and delete that override. Perhaps someone can write a little "lisp" file to do it for me automatically every time i open a drawing.

• 3 years later...