Can't edit plotstyles

kellert82

Hello everyone,

I've just started working in a drawing that has some strange plotstyle happenings... I was emailed the drawing, and it is in metric, and I don't have any info from the person who created it.. When I go to edit the current plotstyle or to create a new one I am not able to change anything. The list of colors does not show up, only the list of plotstyle names where the colors usually are. (nothing happens when I click on them) I opened a new document and do not have this problem. Any ideas if there's a setting somewhere that's preventing me from editing plotstyles? (the plot with plotstyles box IS checked, as is the radio button to use color dependent plotstyles.

Thanks for your help!

-K

Hello everyone,

I've just started working in a drawing that has some strange plotstyle happenings... I was emailed the drawing, and it is in metric, and I don't have any info from the person who created it.. When I go to edit the current plotstyle or to create a new one I am not able to change anything. The list of colors does not show up, only the list of plotstyle names where the colors usually are. (nothing happens when I click on them) I opened a new document and do not have this problem. Any ideas if there's a setting somewhere that's preventing me from editing plotstyles? (the plot with plotstyles box IS checked, as is the radio button to use color dependent plotstyles.

Thanks for your help!

-K

Sounds like you have an .STB file that has the r14 color mapping table in it. You can't edit them until you remove that table. See image.

plot style with mapping.jpg

Almost there, move over to the General tab at the top left.

If you don't normally use STB files you may want to just convert that one file using CONVERTPSTYLES command.

Sorry, that button isn't there, here is the other screen shot. I use plot styles all the time and I have a bunch of them... they're just not here..

plotstyle 2.jpg

Attach the monochrome.stb file that you can't edit.

Or convert to CTB since it sounds like you use color dependant plot styles.