In need of a experienced Drafter to look over my house

dlggnation

You have shadows on both sides where the windows for the bathroom stick out. I would go with something different on the roofing, it is hard to distinguish the roof lines the way it all blends together. I like the columns the way they were.

I want to create tiles for the corners, but I don't know how to do it. Can any one help start me out?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dlggnation

• ReMark

• designerstuart

• f700es

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a bad plan but I've never been a fan of those high living room ceilings. Those rooms usually come off feeling like the lobby of a Hilton hotel. Plenty of other ways to get drama and interest without creating a bunch of cubic footage to heat and cool. You've already got 10'. That's plenty. No need to go up another 8'.

The 45D angled walls in the gallery virtually destroy the dining room and study. The plan appears open enough without needing the extra gallery space. And probably the column locations between the living room and gallery should relate better to the entrance.

Finally, I'd relocate the bath you have off of the kitchen/nook. That always a poor place for a bathroom. Imagine eating or cooking and hearing pee hitting the toilet 6' away. I'd reconfigure bedroom 2 into that space and relocate the bath where that bedrooms closet now is with the door to the outside along the wall. It looks like the bedroom would remain about the same square footage but now more horizontally then vertically oriented. Looks like you can probably do something creative with 45D walls to relate to those you already have going.

Doug

The kitchen layout, with the sink, refrigerator and stove located where they are, and separated by an island is not very efficient. Too much walking between the three.

That master bath is a hoot! Were you expecting the entire New York City ballet company to put on a show for someone using the jacuzzi? The family that sits together s*its together.

Yeah. looks like a typical large Florida house. I would look at the master bath a bit as well. Maybe scale down just a bit. Good stuff overall.

One way of seperating your rooflines would be showing your, valleys and ridge lines. Generally for my elevations and brickwork for that matter I only show lines vertical lines for roof tiles and horizontal for brickwork regardless of the bonding. It greatly reduces the number of lines in the drawing and lessens the impact of the roof allowing the eye to be drawn to the actual architecture. Normally for roofs at 45 degrees I would adjust the rotation of the roof hatch until it looks right, unless you want to start getting clever with maths and drawing things in 3d and lining through they will never look quite right. I would also use a thicker pen for brick and roof lines & finishes towards the front of the building and thinner pens to give a sense of depth.