In need of a experienced Drafter to look over my house

dlggnation

I'm taking Architectural drafting in High School and our State completion is in couple weeks. I was hoping someone can critique my plans and elevations by giving me some pointers and tips.

Let me know if you can help, so i can email you my plans.

My teacher is out for a another week and a half... so that's why I'm not asking him for the help.

[ATTACH]26512[/ATTACH]

Heres the front elevation

Thanks,

Stephen

Edited by dlggnation

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dlggnation

• ReMark

• designerstuart

• f700es

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the way, just search here in the forum maybe you can find tips and tricks regarding architectural...

Or you may ask the admin or modertaors for further help...

I can help you also based on my experience and ideas...

out of interest why not post them here? i don't think asking friends for advice would be a problem to tutors?

after all, to are speaking to a CAD Tutor!

out of interest why not post them here? i don't think asking friends for advice would be a problem to tutors?

you'll get a lot more feedback if you post an image here - even just a screenshot.

you'll get a lot more feedback if you post an image here - even just a screenshot.

When I get home I'll post pics of my elevations, thanks for the advice

It is usually NOT a good idea to post one's email address in a public forum unless you have an innate desire to have your email in-box flooded with spam. In which case you must be a cyber-masochist.

Heres the front elevation

(im still working on the coloring)

Interesting. What's in the section of the house on the far left that the windows do not extend as low as the others?

They're glass blocks for bathroom privacy

Im thinking of adding a privacy wall with pillars, to make it more appealing.

I like it. For the glass blocks, add something on them to distinguish from the other windows. Watch out for the shadow under the front entrance (it looks good though) as you'll need to add it every where like behind the trees on the right side.

Great start :thumbsup:

They're glass blocks for bathroom privacy

Im thinking of adding a privacy wall with pillars, to make it more appealing.

Makes me want to see the floor layout. I keep thinking of all the houses I ever lived in or houses of friends/family we visit and not one comes to mind that has a bathroom located at the front of the house.

Makes me want to see the floor layout. I keep thinking of all the houses I ever lived in or houses of friends/family we visit and not one comes to mind that has a bathroom located at the front of the house.

Im not a fan of bathrooms in the front either, but their not uncommon where im at. Iv'e recently seen some with privacy walls and pillars and it looks really elegant.

Theres a mistake in the entrance. I have a single door in my house but in the plan i have double...

Also i still havent added the window section on the right. The Garage window

Heres my floor layout:)

layout.jpg

You have shadows on both sides where the windows for the bathroom stick out. I would go with something different on the roofing, it is hard to distinguish the roof lines the way it all blends together. I like the columns the way they were.