Need help... dimension properties

Hi,

I am looking a way to modify the way dimensions are displayed...

As shown in the picture attached, I would like to be able to reduce the width of the blank space in front of the dimension text (shown by the red arrow)

CAD_dim_question.jpg

Is there some variables that controls that?

The reason I looking for that is that, sometimes, when there is no place for the text inside the dim lines, Autocad puts the text beside, but it is sometimes too far away from the dim lines, and I would like to be able to bring it closer. I know that you can select the text and move it, but only to move it away from the dim lines!!!

For those type of situations you might try enabling the feature that suppresses arrows if they don't fit inside extension lines. In many cases this will force the dimension inside the extension lines thus negating the problem you are experiencing. The option to do so can be found on the Fit tab of your DimStyles dialog box.

There may not be any standard way of doing what you want, because the gap between the closest point of the arrow head and the text is fixed.

You could go for manual placement, by altering the system variable DIMTMOVE to 2 or by setting a dimension style to allow this.