Properties Window Error

resullins

So, I realize that the only solution to this particular problem may be to reload AutoCAD, but as I am in Tennessee, and my disc is in Las Vegas, I thought I'd give this a shot in the dark. I'm currently taking a tutorial on dynamic blocks, which pretty much require one to get to the properties dialogue... well, when I select something and bring it up, this is what I get:

AutoCAD Properties.jpg

I should also add that selecting an object does nothing, and the properties window stretches all the way across BOTH my monitors and beyond, so I can't like grab the other side and make the window smaller.

Any ideas?

Have you tried shutting down autoCAD and restarting? I just noticed about the you not having the disk. You may have to get the disk to Repair.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dink: I realize you'd have no way of knowing this, but I'm a women. Sorry, it's just REALLY wierd to hear myself refered to as a man. \

Also, I thought I'd need the disc for a repair, too. But apparently, I don't. I ran the repair, and it worked! It was very wierd though... even with the repair, my prop window was stretched almost all the way across both of my screens. I feel like that would still have confused someone that only had one screen. But anyway, it worked!

Since you are using AutoCAD 2011, you should be able to download the 30 day trial version from the Autodesk website and use your serial number and product code off the original DVD's. We had the same problem and it took a reload to correct the problem.

Since you are using AutoCAD 2011, you should be able to download the 30 day trial version from the Autodesk website and use your serial number and product code off the original DVD's. We had the same problem and it took a reload to correct the problem.

That sounds like a pretty neat trick, I would have never thought of that.....:thumbsup:

I'm currently taking a tutorial on dynamic blocks, which pretty much require one to get to the properties dialogue... well, when I select something and bring it up, this is what I get:

Why do you NEED the properties Dialog for Dynamic blocks?

resullins,

You need to turn off registry cleaners in your anti-virus software. This removes some keys it thinks are viruses, one of them happens to be for the properties dialog box. I have had this problem also.

You may want to have the dialog box docked also.