Viewport scaling

Hi guys

When I scale a viewport, I normally type in the scale I want into the Viewports toolbar. So if I want the viewport to be 1 to 25, I type in "1:25". I have done this for years. Now all of a sudden, I have started a brand new drawing, setup the company border as A1. Then typed in "1:25" into the toolbar, and it zooms RIGHT in so you cannot see the drawing. But when I use the old fashioned command:

zoom - scale - 1/25xp

it works perfect. Any ideas why this is happening with the toolbar?

Cheers

Martin

The toolbar works fine for me. Try changing it through properties.

It works fine in other drawings. Just not when I create a new drawing. Maybe its a setting that happens when I go through our standard setup for a new drawing. There must be a setting I can change?

To fit that size object into the viewport it needs to be scaled 1:250. 1:25 is too much. I get the same view with 1:25 and 1/25XP.

To fit that size object into the viewport it needs to be scaled 1:250. 1:25 is too much. I get the same view with 1:25 and 1/25XP.

Sorry, I sent through a different drawing, but still has the same problem, I have that details as 1:200. Just wont work if I put in the scale in the "viewport" toolber :( weird.....

It seems to add 1000 onto the scale every time...... :( I tried going into a drawing I was working on this mornin, and I know for a fact I changed the scale using the viewport scale bar, as I do that every time i set a scal for my viewports, and that is doing the same thing, doh! It must have been a system variable on my Acad that has changed since I started on these new drawings :(