Line type not displaying in model or paperspace correctly

Firstly set the LTSCALE in Model space correctly so you can see the LINE TYPE correctly (or click on your line and change its Linetype SCale in Properties)

Once this is correct make sure your PSLTSCALE is set to 0 then your linetype will be View in Paperspace through a viewport correctly.

I hope this helps let me know if you require any further clarification.

Ta

The default values of 1 for LTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, PSLTSCALE, and CELTSCALE should make the line segments display and print the same length regardless of viewport scale. (regen may be required after changing scales or scale factors)

Firstly set the LTSCALE in Model space correctly so you can see the LINE TYPE correctly (or click on your line and change its Linetype SCale in Properties)

Once this is correct make sure your PSLTSCALE is set to 0 then your linetype will be View in Paperspace through a viewport correctly.

I hope this helps let me know if you require any further clarification.

Ta

JBull - Was able to get it on up model (however, i had to put ltscale to .0001). Chaning PSLTSCALE to zero did nothing however.

SLW210 - I made the drawing myself

Nestly - that did nothing to my drawing.

Can you post the drawing, that LT scale is crazy. The line would have to have and individual scale in it's properties roughly the inverse of .0001 for it to display correctly. For example, when LTSCALE = .0001 and an individual property scale of 10,000, will display the same as LTSCALE = 1 and a property scale of 1

Odd, I tried to respond 2 times already but it didn't go through sorry if this is somehow a triple post.

How would you like me to post the drawing? Host it somewhere?

Also, SLW210, I've been drawing the whole drawing on 1:1. It's a street and I'm adding traffic lanes and an intersection.

If you click "Go Advanced" at the lower right of the Quick Reply window, you can attach the drawing to your post assuming it's not to big.

When I open your drawing and check a dimension I see that it is not close to actual size. A 12' width measure 1/32" (or less). Draw to true size so 12' is either 12 units or 144 units (if using inches and not feet). Once I scaled the objects up the linetype worked fine.

The line had a thickness set to it, which gives a Z thickness. If you want a wider line use the pline command and specify a width.

Also the line was set to a linetype rather than a layer set with a linetype. Generally it is better to have a layer with the linetype you want and draw on that layer for dashed lines, etc.

Don't use the "ISO" line types, load the others, dashed, hidden, etc. with out the ISO in the name.

Finally,

FOR 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

MSLTSCALE = 1

LTSCALE = 0.5 (this can be adjusted up or down based on personal preference, etc.)

PSLTSCALE = 1

Once set you never have to adjust again while going from PS to MS.

Yeah, the 12 width measurement wasn't to scale. Just to let them know roughly where to paint the new lines. Thanks for all the help though rkent, i'll get working on it.

Your drawing isn't 1:1 ..... it's 0.03710196 = 12'-0"

To draw at 1:1 you'll have to scale your .bmp and all your existing objects up with the reference option so your lanes are actually 12 feet wide instead of making your drawing fit the .bmp image and then over-riding the dimensions. You'll also have to change your dimstyles, but that's really the direction you need to go to be proficient in AutoCAD. If you can attach the bmp, I'll try to get things lined up so you can compare how you're doing it now to how it's done at full scale.

Scale.jpg

Yeah, I was going to also say when tracing over an image to scale it up to true size. I am guessing this is the area according to google maps.

rio verde.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys, I got it figured out. When you guys said 1:1, I thought it was the "annotation" 1:1 scale. not 1 feet = 1 feet.

• 4 years later...

I had this problem too. I didn't realize what was wrong until i measured elements in the drawings and saw that they were in scientific notation lol. I drew a line (around the size i wanted to to be) and then scaled it to that reference. Another notch in the noob poll.