Icon Error

Raudel Solis

i have an Hp Envy 17 with a core i7 64 bit processor

i installed 3ds max 64 and 32 bit on it, but struggling with 64 bit problems and inefficiency, i uninstalled 3ds max 64 bit,

but now all the

".max" files have no icons

ive set default programs to open with and nothing

Capture.PNG

Edited by Raudel Solis
picture

I'm not sure why you installed both 32 and 64 bit, but ok.

When you double click on the icons, does the program open?

Have you tried re-booting the computer after uninstalling the 64 bit version?

You may need to run a repair on the 32 bit version. When you uninstalled the 64 bit version, it may have removed some shared files.

I installed them both without thinking of any bad consequences.

Ive set the default programs for .max files to open with 3ds max and they open, i just want the icons back,

ive already repaired 3ds max through the original setup but i still have the same problem. no icons

Do a search of your computer for the max.ico file. Mine is located here: C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_3ds_Max_2011_English_Win_32-64bit. I think maybe yours might be missing.

Other than that, I don't know. You may need to do a complete uninstall and then a clean install as described here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

i completely reinstalled everything deleted.max extension from my registry, and reinstalled 32 bit but my icon was still like it looks like in the .jpg, so i just decided to re install the 64 bit to get the icon back :/.

i appreciate your help though.