A few 2011 issues

CindyLou

I am having problems with Autocad 2011 retaining the block when I create it. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I have at times had to resort to wblocking instead. Why would this be happening?! My convert to block is checked.

Another issue I am having is sometimes in my 2011 I have to click more than once to get a command to start. I used to have Quik Pik on my 2004. Is there supposed to be something like that built in to 2011? I have tried enabled double clicking and not enabled but it doesn't seem to make a difference. My Pickfirst is set at 1 if that matters...

Any other advice on 2011 cad issues would be appreciated. I upgraded recently from 2004.

Re: AutoCAD 2011. Is Update 1 loaded?

When did you first encounter these problems?

Re: block creation. Is it just one drawing that is affected or does this happen in any drawing?

I have only been using 2011 for a month so it has been happening since I upgraded. It only happens sporadically when trying to create a block. If it doesn't work the first time sometimes it does the second try. Not any specific project just randomly. Very frustrating when it happens. I tried update 1.1 but once run it said I don't need it. If you have any other suggestions let me know. Thanks for your time!

You try running the REPAIR option.

It can be found via the Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > under AutoCAD 2011.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone else has the same issue about blocking in 2011 I have found the problem. Which I guess is just me! I have only had to enter to finish the command in my past AutoCad versions, but in 2011 you have to specify insert point which is asked at the command line not in the dialog box. Once I noted it the command works fine. Just another Aha moment in figuring out all the upgrades I now have...