Extracting lengths to mtext above the line and incrementing values for pipe structure

Tudka

Hi everyone,

I am a freshman here and couldn't find if this kind of thread was posted earlier or not.

I work with infrustructures (water pipes, sewage pipes, wells etc.). I am looking for TWO similar things. Every time I need to name the pipe structures (well), I just simply put single text for each structure. (F1-2, F1-3, F1-4...).

How could I simply put these values on each structure by one button click, but with a different (incrementing) value?

Another thing is that I also need to put attributes for diameter of a pipe and the lenght of it.

Is it possible to do it by one button click?

Big thanks to all of you in advance!!

Welcome to CADTutor Tudka :)

How could I simply put these values on each structure by one button click, but with a different (incrementing) value?

Perhaps take a look at this (or this for existing text).

Another thing is that I also need to put attributes for diameter of a pipe and the lenght of it.

Is it possible to do it by one button click?

Is the pipe a 3D object?

Look into getting Autodesk Civil 3D (or almost any other civil design package for that matter), it does what you describe above.

Well, the drawing is this.

plan.jpg

And the thing I am looking for is - putting the text block over the top of "F1" line (Brown color) that shows me the length and diameter of it between two structures "F1-179A" and "F1-180" by one-click method. This is pline. Is it possible in AutoCAD LT 2010?

The text block could be something like the text in blue on top of the picture. "D125 L=57.40 m"