autocad and flow water jet

don1

hi all great forum i work at a metal fab plant as far as drawing im learning here is my problem i can draw a part save it as a dxf file but when i load it onto flow path instead of a soild cut line it a broken line what am i doing wrong? thanks

I am not familiar with flowjetting or CNC although are you drawing a polyline with multiple points possibly in AutoCad and then the flowjet software does not support polylines and is breaking your polyline into multipel line segments?

ive tryed drawing with the line comand and the rectangle i watched a vid on youtube that may be what im doing wrong if you draw a circle in cad and move your cursor to it the whole circle highlights on my drawing each a single line highlights ? this moring im going to draw just a simple stand alone circle and see if flow reads it correctly im just started trying to learn cad im trying to baby step it ( i think i can... i think i can .. lol thanks for your reply dink

What software does this Water Jet use? Different devices need different methods. When I used to draw templates for a CNC and Plasma burner, I just had to make sure everything was a "CLOSED" polyline with NO GAPS. By CLOSED I mean actually closed, not just connected, there is a difference. It has been awhile so I do not remember the software that converted.

flow water jet system have thier own software its called flow cut and flow path give me a example please if you could on how to close a line thanks