from dashed lines in model to continuous in layout

I have a map which I devided to

3 layouts (scale 1:1 = 1)

+

1 layout where general map is shown (scale is 1:5 = 0.2)

On scale 1:1 I want line to be shown as dashed (same as in Model). But in scale 1:5 I want line to be shown as continuous.

So the question is: how can I show dashed line as continuous in single layout. Which settings for layout must be changed?

Thank you for help.

Iva

I did it this way but the result are duplicate lines in Model.

I send this file to another person who will continue processing the file so that is why I don't want to do it this way. I don't want line to be duplicated.

The only thing I can think of would be to actually draw each individual line in Paper Space. If something is in Model it is in the Model, all you can do turn objects on and off in viewports (actually Freeze per viewport).

Are you using Autocad 2006 as in your profile? 2011 has a VP Linetype in the Layer Properties Manager. But then that line may have to be a unique Layer.

If they are in fact on different Layouts (not multiple viewports on same Layout) then you could change your PSLTSCALE so the linetypes are actually so tightly spaced that you can't see the dashes.

Or if the contours (or whatever) are a block, the linetype can be set to Byblock. Then copy the block over to the side and viewport each of them individually with one block selected as dashed and the other continuous.

I tried PSLTSCALE but it is working for all the layouts at the same time. I have 4 layouts. And I would like PSLTSCALE to work only on 4th layout (whithout 1st, 2nd and 3rd layout).

print the first 3 layouts, then PSLTSCALE before you print the fourth layout.

PUBLISHing with 50 layouts would not be fun, but you've only got four.

All I can Add would be to make a copy in model, set it up the way you want and use Change Space to bring it into a layout tab. Change Space should be an Express Tool in AutoCAD 2006, if not you should be able to find a lisp somewhere to do it.