AutoCad 2012

Raudel Solis

I'm sure you'll be one of the first to let us know one way or the other. We eagerly await your in-depth review. Can you wait until I get my popcorn and soda? Thanks.

AutoCad 2012 Indepth Over View

New Installation Desgin, Much Simpler and easier to use. Though I did not like the slide show much, I feel they could have gotten better Images to play during the installation SlideShow.

User interface now allows easier access to control the amount of viewports, and ability to change viewport style like shades of gray, conceptual Etc right from the working space

The home tab by default on 3d modeling setup is the same as 2011, ive noticed a

GREAT

increase in performance and no more lag so far.

I can now change from 3d modeling setup to classic, and 2d drafting and annotating faster 2 seconds or less (subject to change)

The UCS icon is now able to move to your desire much simpler by being able to select it as an object with control points.

More to come as I go.

-----------

edited 6:55 3/23/2011

using the measuregeom tool now gives information as shown below. nice.

Distance = 14'-6", Angle in XY Plane = 270.00, Angle from XY Plane = 0.00

Delta X = 0'-0", Delta Y = -14'-6", Delta Z = 0'-0"

give me commands or ideas to try out.

Edited by Raudel Solis

I wish they would do something about the printer pop-up telling you the printer someone 1,000 miles away last used to print the Dwg with is not available. What's the deal with that anyway? What real world purpose does it serve? When I go to print an Excel or Word document someone else printed on another printer, I do not get a dumb pop-up telling me that printer is not available, it automatically uses my DEFAULT PRINTER.

Sorry about that rant, but I had to continually close that Stupid Pop-up all morning. :x

I was going for something more detailed but AutoCad 2012 introduced few new features

2012 adds 43 new commands, 26 new system variables, 50+ existing commands were changed, 14 system variables were changed.

I would say the new Array, new Grips, and view placement for 3D objects are enough reason to upgrade alone.

autocad feature___

while typing commands a small rollout appears that shows a list of available commands that have what you have already typed included

autocad feature___

while typing commands a small rollout appears that shows a list of available commands that have what you have already typed included

If you are referring to Autocomplete, it has nothing to do with what you have already typed, rather it is showing you commands and system variables that start with those letters. You can also type with wildcards like *fade* to find all commands with fade in the name.