Zoom extents jumps far away from drawing objects

Krztoff

Hello people, could someone please explain to me what this symbol that I have in all of my drawings is and how can I turn it off?

Some Point.jpg

It seems to maintain it's size and shape constant not depending on the zoom, can't select it or edit in any way. Would be glad to make it go away. I bet it is something really simple, but I just don't know where to look and how to search for it, because I have no clue what it is. :(

Could it also be the cuplprit in the fact that whenever I zoom to extents the screen jumps billions of light years away from my objects? :geek:

Ahhh, so that's what it is, thank you SLW210, it comes up all the time whenever I set my location in the drawing settings, is it possible to keep the geographic location settings, but just remove the annoying symbol? Autocad tells me that all the geogrpahic location data will be stripped from my drawing if i remove it? It is important in my work that I draw in the right coordinates.

Well now I understand that it is not to blame for the far out "Zoom extents" issue, could it be something connected with my xrefs maybe, because there are no other objects in the drawing that could be located far, far away from my site. :geek:

Do a 'Select All' in modelspace, to see if you find any annoying little grips that light up in one of the corners, or on an edge, then check to see if you have an object in that location on a frozen/off layer or something on defpoints layer.

Run Audit, and purge, too.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the Audit suggestion, I have been having a similar problem in that when I hit extents my drawing, from a client, zooms out to the viewpoint of the space shuttle. I have wblocked, erased, purged repeatedly and it still kept happening. I just typed in audit and some formerly unseen objects popped up. I deleted them and voila! Extents of my drawing are correct agin.