Viewport Copying

VBG-FSDG

Hello All. In the current drawing I am working in, when I copy a viewport using CO command it copies the viewport but nothing is seen in it. You cannot active it like a normal viewport; it turns into just a square. I do not have this problem in any of my drawings, just this one. If I copy the viewport by right clicking copy with a base point then paste it in the drawing, the viewport works fine. This is more time consuming then just using the CO command. Can someone please tell me why this is happening? Thanks in advance for any help.

My guess would be that there is a polyline drawn directly on top of your viewport so that when you try to copy the viewport, you are actually grabbing the polyline. Try using the Move command and see what happens.

Nestly - I dont think I can post drawings yet, still a newbie.

Cad64 - I have a blank paperspace and created a viewport. So there is no polyline like you are suggesting. Thanks though.

SuperCAD - How do you turn on pasted viewports? I am working in 2010 and havent heard that before.

In 2010, you don't have to turn them on. In previous version, if you C&P'd a viewport you needed to go into the properties of the viewport and turn it on (Misc -> On -> Yes or No).

When you created the viewport, did you use the _-vports command/button or did you create a rectangle polyline and convert it to a viewport?

Why can't you post a drawing? Use "Go Advanced" then "Manage Attachment".

I can't duplicate your problem here, either method of copy works fine here, try going through your system variables to see if some variable could control this.

After you copy the Viewport:

Command: MV
MVIEW
Specify corner of viewport or 
[ON/OFF/Fit/Shadeplot/Lock/Object/Polygonal/Restore/LAyer/2/3/4] <Fit>: ON

Select objects: AL

SLW210 - My drawing was to big so I had to delete my title block and some of my elevation. With that being said here the condensed version.

alanjt - that worked but do I have to do that everytime? I copied it again after what you suggest worked and the same problem happened. Looks like I would have to do what you suggested everytime. Is there a way to make it stay on?

FS-7.0.zip

Everything copied fine for me (v2009). The one you labeled as a copy, I had to turn on (method shown in previous post) first, but after that, everything copied as it should have.

Apparently, if REGENAUTO is off, then (CO)pied viewports are turned off by default. Set REGENAUTO to 1, or turn them on manually after copy as described by alanjt

Apparently, if REGENAUTO is off, then (CO)pied viewports are turned off by default. Set REGENAUTO to 1, or turn them on manually after copy as described by alanjt

Makes sense. I've never seen a reason to turn REGENAUTO off.