Trying to do this in SolidWorks, need some guidance.

SuperCAD

The attached PDF is a common fixture we produce and I need to make this in SolidWorks. So far, we've been able to control the height and get the hex nuts and CSK holes to array properly, but for some reason the sketch for the centerlines isn't working properly. They keep disassociating when we change the length of the steel. The one guy we've got who has prior SW experience is having some trouble figuring it out, and I'm too new to SW to be of any assistance. How would any of you SW gurus go about making this?

I'll try to locate the SW file and post that too. (EDIT, I thought I could, but the ZIP file is 280K and only 250K is allowed. I can email it if you want)

Steel Fixture for SolidWorks.pdf

My suggestion would be to use a feature pattern rather than a sketch pattern. Set it up to repeat every 6" and drive the amount of instances with an equation. That will work every time, especially since you limited the lengths to 6" increments.

DKT

Drag the bar at the bottom of the feature tree to the top - hiding all features in the graphics window.

Save and zip the file in a rolled up state. It should now be small enough to attach here.

The attached PDF is a common fixture we produce and I need to make this in SolidWorks. So far, we've been able to control the height and get the hex nuts and CSK holes to array properly, but for some reason the sketch for the centerlines isn't working properly. They keep disassociating when we change the length of the steel. The one guy we've got who has prior SW experience is having some trouble figuring it out, and I'm too new to SW to be of any assistance. How would any of you SW gurus go about making this?

I'll try to locate the SW file and post that too. (EDIT, I thought I could, but the ZIP file is 280K and only 250K is allowed. I can email it if you want)

are you trying to draw the nut or the plate, nuts and welds? What version of SW are you guys using? If you go to the site in my sig and click Contact Info on the main page you can email me the file and ill have a look.

Certainly avoid using sketch patterns unless you have a really good reason. You can do this as a multibody solid prt file or as an assembly.