revit file will not begin to render

darris07

i am designing some townhomes on a site in revit and i cant render my camera view. it acts as if it will start but it never does. ive been all over the internet trying to find solutions. the file size is about 35k. im not sure what is too large for revit to render. ive tried rendering on my macbook as well with no luck. my desk pc cant seem to do it either. the drawing started out with 10 townhomes with trees and other site materials. i ve chopped it down to just two townhomes and no trees thinking it would make things work again but i had no luck. any suggestions or ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

35k? That seems very small for Revit, especially for the footprint I imagine based on your description.

Where does it stop? You click the button and nothing, or you click the button and it goes black?

35k? That seems very small for Revit, especially for the footprint I imagine based on your description.

Where does it stop? You click the button and nothing, or you click the button and it goes black?

By 35K I think he meant 35Mb.

That's why I asked. I know that linking files keeps the file size waaay down, in which case there could be issues in the links. Otherwise, awaiting his response/clarification.

• 11 months later...

I have having the same problem as mentioned above. I cannot seem to get revit to even render a 1mb image at draft quality settings. It acts like it is going to render however it does not ever start up. Then about 30 minutes into the render a box pops up that says I do not have enough memory. I have tried everything to get me image file smaller, but any smaller and I wont be able to see it.

I have a presentation on friday and could really use some help as soon as possible, if anyone have any ideas of what is going on.

My project is a 300,000 sf hospital. I am just trying to take some renderings from the exterior. I do not have any links loaded. I am pretty new to revit so any help will be appreciated. I have been to all the forums and can't seem to find anything that will help.