How to do this using? Adjusting distance equally while changing length.

CAnnondale

Hi Guys,

I have a problem and need the guru's feedback/tutorial.:)

I have an angle plate L = varies, W = 75mm, H = 50mm, T= varies (eg. 1.5mm) material SS316.

Their are holes for mounting screw's, and spaced equally 250mm from the first hole @25mm from the edge. The Length varies from 1219mm ~ 2438mm

How do I do this? That, when I adjust the length it adds a hole and equally distribute the hole distance.

Once again, I appreciate any helps extended.

Corner Angles Equal Dist.JPG

Edited by CAnnondale
Change the Title

Place a sketch on inside angle ...project geom of edges ..use point tool....dimension the point 25mm from edge add the other dimension .

finish sketch .

use the hole tool

place all dimensions click ok

then go to the rectangular pattern tool.. select hole as feature... ...then direction ....then 250mm for space ...then select how many holes you want .

click ok

hope this is what you are looking for.

I don't know how advance you are in inventor so you could be looking for something else here but this is what i think you want to know..if not except my apologies

if it is ..here's a vid of what i did :)

Steve

Steve,

How does that add holes as length increases?

iPart is the solution, but I don't have time to work up an example right now.

I thought there was an example in the Tutorials or Skillbuilders.

I haven't got ipart tutorial :(

But have ifeatures ...thing is i cannot use ifeatures because it keeps coming up with an error regarding the excell software:?

i suppose thats one way of doing it JD i would only edit extrude feature for length ...and i know in ifeatures you just need to type in the dimensions allot quicker .

Thanks for putting me straight with that he he lol

CAnnondale,

You wrote, "holes for mounting screw's, and spaced equally 250mm", but your drawing shows the center lines at 233.8. What's up with that?

Im sorry i am not an expert as you are. Rather than critizing, why don't you just answer the query.

Steve,

How does that add holes as length increases?

iPart is the solution, but I don't have time to work up an example right now.

I thought there was an example in the Tutorials or Skillbuilders.

Hi JD,

Thank you for lookinh into the query. I went to skillbuilders but cant seem to find one. I will try to search again.

Thank you Steve, appreciate it.

Well it would be allot easier doing it with ifeatures for sure...{this is probably the way i would do it seeing i can't use ifeature.}

it does get you there in the end..lol...... but i have a feeling you would of probably known that anyway..nothing wrong with trying huh...lol

Thank you for the Thank you!! :thumbsup:

Steve

I haven't got ipart tutorial :(

But have ifeatures ...thing is i cannot use ifeatures because it keeps coming up with an error regarding the excell software:?

i suppose thats one way of doing it JD i would only edit extrude feature for length ...and i know in ifeatures you just need to type in the dimensions allot quicker .

Thanks for putting me straight with that he he lol

Hi Steve,

Thank you again. I will try it when i get to the office.

Place a sketch on inside angle ...project geom of edges ..use point tool....dimension the point 25mm from edge add the other dimension .

finish sketch .

use the hole tool

place all dimensions click ok

then go to the rectangular pattern tool.. select hole as feature... ...then direction ....then 250mm for space ...then select how many holes you want .

click ok

hope this is what you are looking for.

I don't know how advance you are in inventor so you could be looking for something else here but this is what i think you want to know..if not except my apologies

if it is ..here's a vid of what i did :)

Steve

Hi Steve,

Just reach the office. After looking at the step that you have created. Apology is accepted:D... That is not what I wanted to do.:(

Actually, you can create the hole directly without the needs of creating a sketch just invoke the HOLE feature then the Pattern feature.

What I wanted to know is that, when I increase the length of the angle plate it will automatically creates an additional hole and maintaining the distance.

Thank you anyway...:)

Hi Willie,

JD was right on creating an i-part. unfortunately inventor don't save down to previous versions so I can't attach the i-part I made. Wish I had kept a copy of 2010.

Hi Willie,

JD was right on creating an i-part. unfortunately inventor don't save down to previous versions so I can't attach the i-part I made. Wish I had kept a copy of 2010.

Hi Quagga,

Thank you for the info. BTW, do you have a small tutz for me follow on how to do it. Appreciate it, thanks again.

Hi Steve,

Just reach the office. After looking at the step that you have created. Apology is accepted:D... That is not what I wanted to do.:(

Actually, you can create the hole directly without the needs of creating a sketch just invoke the HOLE feature then the Pattern feature.

What I wanted to know is that, when I increase the length of the angle plate it will automatically creates an additional hole and maintaining the distance.

Thank you anyway...:)

Now then i never knew that..

I always thought you had to do a sketch...

Wish i could afford to learn inventor professionally....never the less..... you tube... books.... JD ....you .....the forum...... friends..... are all helping !!

cheers

Steve :thumbsup:

Now then i never knew that..

I always thought you had to do a sketch...

Wish i could afford to learn inventor professionally....never the less..... you tube... books.... JD ....you .....the forum...... friends..... are all helping !!

cheers

Steve :thumbsup:

Hi Steve,

That is what forum friends are for. We are here to learn and share our knowledge. CADTutor was created for this purpose.:)