how to apply file name when printing pdf in lisp

LauKwokFai

I am trying to make this lisp to print PDF by clicking on the title block of our company. What it does is to search for the same block name in the whole file, obtain the drawing number of each block and apply onto the PDF file name.

The last step of the lisp is :

(command "-plot" "y" "" "CutePDF Writer" "A3" "M" "L" "" "w" PPDF:print_point-1 PPDF:print_point-2 "Fit" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" ppdf:filename)

Problem is it comes out a dialog box for the PDF file name, it won't take the value of "ppdf:filename". Wonder anyone could help upon this problem.

Thanks so much

Under the Plot options, after you select your Plotter Name, click on the Properties box. Once there, you should be able to find and set an option to quell the filename popup. For me, once I click on the Properties button, I see a "Custom Properties" button on that new window, and that one brings up a dialog box where, the third option down, is a dropdown for selecting where to save the file to. Filedia will not work for this, as it is related to Adobe PDF and not AutoCAD.

You can turn this off under options for the DWG to PDF.pc3

difficult life !!! our boss doesn't like the pdf file showing layers !!!!!!!

difficult life !!! our boss doesn't like the pdf file showing layers !!!!!!!

You can change the settings of DWG to PDF.pc3:

1- Issue PLOT command.

2- Select DWG to PDF.pc3 as default printer.

3- Select Properties Botton.

4- In the dialog box (Plotter Configuration Editor: DWG to PDF.pc3), select Device and Documents Settings tab.

5- Select Custom Properties from the upper pane.

6- Select Custom Properties... botton.

6- In the new dialog (DWG to PDF Properties), inside additional Optput Setting area, uncheck Include layer information checkbox .

7- Press OK.

8- In the dialog titled Changes to a Printer Configuration File select second radio botton (Save changes to the following file:), then enter appropriate path and file name.

9- Press OK.

Now you have a PDF driver in AutoCAD without ability of showing layers.

Do not forget to turn filedia to zero.

Note: I checked steps in AutoCAD 2012. Maybe in other releases you see slightly different words/lables/titles...

Edited by Ahankhah

Life is so difficult for me too. For the very slow internet in my country, I am always delayed in sending my posts.

Ahankhah, in our country we have a saying "every family has a difficult bible to read"...you think I live well and I think you live well, but in fact we all have a difficult life... life goes on, we just have to live with it.

Thanks again for your help

Ahankhah, in our country we have a saying "every family has a difficult bible to read"...you think I live well and I think you live well, but in fact we all have a difficult life... life goes on, we just have to live with it.
LauKwokFai, You are absolutely right:lol:.

Thanks again for your help
You are welcome:).