Linking 2D dwg files to revit mep 2011

watapatata

Good evening everyone!

So I'm just new to linking files in revit mep 2011. Before I had used revit mep 2009 and when I link files, I can snap my MEP tools (ducts pipes etc) on the linked 2D dwg file. But when I link on revit mep 2011, I can't snap on my 2D links. So.. that's the problem.. can someone help me please.. thank you very much!

• 11 months later...

Not sure I understand 100%, but here goes...

Make sure your 2D drawing isn't behind an Architectural element that is set to transparent (floor, roof, etc). Doing so can do funny things with snaps.

Lee Roy, your responce made that light bulb in my head go on. The OP wants to be able to snap to the 2D drawing which is behind the model. I've been drawing over a linked .dwg recently and couldn't figure out why I could snap to it only sometimes. Setting your visual style to wire frame will allow you to snap to the .dwg in the background.