Toolpallet:Automatic block scale

MetsoKyle

Hello all,

At my company we recently switched from model/paperspace to strictly model space. When we using model/paper the blocks had a 1:1 scale since the paper space was 1:1. Now that we use model we scale the border to match the geometry in model space. My question is, is it possible to have the blocks from the toolpallet scale to match the scale of the border in model space.

Example. If the border is 1:1 the block is ok, but if the model scale is 1:2 I want the block to double in size. If it is 1:4 I want the block to scale quadruple in size.

Before you seat the block, type S to set the scale.

Why is your company going backwards, switching away from utilizing the Paperspace layouts?!? :?

SykeFace,

I am not happy about going back to model space either. But we are an office of about 5 designers with a main office of about 50 designers that all use the "old" way of doing acad. So we were "told" to use model space to stay consistent with the rest of the company. ugh.

I have basically been doing the same as you suggest except that I just use the scale command to set it after its on the drawing. I am looking for a way in the block properties to set the scale automatically(see pic). It will just make life a little more convenient.

tool.jpg

If you're on a networked shared Tool Palette, you probably don't have admin access so you can't change the scale in the object properties from the Tool Palette. Create a Tool Palette locally and you can temporarily drag/drop the block there and utilize it that way. I have a "Miscellaneous" Tool Palette for such things as this.

I am the Acad Admin :)

Let me try and explain what I'm looking for a little bit better.

I want the model scale in options

options.jpg

To then automatically update the scale the block gets inserted at. Maybe this is impossible....

You are still not very clear on what you want. From what I believe you want, you may be able to create Macro for buttons to insert at set scales.

When we put a title border into modelspace we pick a scale. If the scale is 1:1 and the border is 8.5x11. Then the border is 8.5x11. If the scale is 1:2 then the 8.5x11 border is inserted at 17x22 to give a false view of the geomertry being half scale. But when we insert a block from the toolpallet it always comes in at 1:1 and I want it to follow the scale that is set when we insert the border. In the pictures I posted of the options, under the model scale that is where acad controls at what height the mtext should be, the size of arrows, etc. I want the size of the block to change the same way those other items change from the model scale.

Someone probably could create a macro/lisp program to do that, but I don't have any expertiece in creating those.

Hope this explains it a little bit better.