Book for learning AutoLisp?

Organic

What is regarded as the best book for learning Lisp and in particular AutoLisp?

I know the basics of Lisp (variables, decision statements, mathematics etc, general function formats) and can edit others scripts where needed to customize it most of the time although when it comes to writing my own I get lost.

I am looking for a book (if one exists) that focuses on AutoCad applications/examples. I did try the forum search although it's a broad topic and I didn't have much luck.

Dink: Take a look at one of the similar threads listed below. Particularly the one entitled "Best book for Lisp code learning."

Some people work well with books, and that's cool. For me, though, I've bought several books on programming and I haven't gotten through a single one. I find them to be informative but dry. What helped me learn LISP was my desire to make my life easier, by making my work progress smoother. Once I had practical applications that I used every day, especially some that saved me dozens of keystrokes or hours of time, I got more interested in what it could do, and so I had the motivation to be better at it. My reference materials amounted to the AutoLISP help file, this forum, and Google; everything else was really trial and error, and learning by doing.

So, while I certainly cannot speak for everyone, my method of learning it was doing it.

practice practice practice.

The forums contain so many requests for programs (even more recently), try your hand at writing a program that accomplishes the goal for the OP without looking at the solutions others have provided - then, if you get stuck, refer to the solutions of others in the thread to point you in the right direction.

That's how the majority of us forum addicts have progressed :)