Dynamic Block Visibility Parameters

resullins

Can anyone tell me why AutoCAD won't let me put multiple Visibilty Parameters into a single block?

ConnectorTest.dwg

This is a little convoluted, so stay with me

This is our basic schematic connector block, I've set it up to flip from input to output, and to have visibility parameters.

What I want is for there to be one VP for connector type. If you play with it, you'll see that I've put a few (XLM, PHNX, TERM, BNC, etc) in there to test.

I want the second one to control the "P"/"NP" variable you see in the first VP. So that I can select the connector type, and then select whether it's patchable or not patchable, as opposed to having to make a P/NP visibility state for each connector, which is what's happening now.

I was thinking about other ways to do this, like put a piece of geometry on top of another one and using the flip action to acheive the little semi-circle that pops up when you select a patchable visibility state... but the shape it is now, I can't do that, and my boss is really into aesthetics.

Take a look, play around, see if any of you have any clever ideas.

Thanks in advance.

a major wish for many of us.

fucarro found a way of replicating multiple visibility states utilising a look up table you may find if you do a search on here.

look down below for similar threads