Acad 2000i custom menu to 2011 menu?

I have been using 2000i and have customized the menu. I am taking a new job and the company uses 2011. Can I use the customized 2000i menu with 2011?

I don't remember how the menu customizations worked exactly in 2000i, though I did use it. It was a long time ago. You'll probably be able to create something similar. If I recall correctly, the acad.mnu file was manipulated with a text editor like notepad then had to be compiled into an .mns or mnr file. 2011 is considerably different. It has an interface that you will find is an adventure if you've never been exposed to it before. Make heavy use of the help files when you start customizing it. You'll need to read over how it works and how to manipulate it.

AutoCAD 2011 has a CUIx file now.

I think if you were upgrading your own computer from 2000i to 2011 some of your customization would be brought over via the Migration wizard. Because you are going from your computer using 2000i to a company computer using 2011 that avenue is closed to you. I think there may still be a way to salvage what you did previously but I would have to do a bit of searching to locate the info as I am not on my CAD computer at the moment where the article is stored.

... If I recall correctly' date=' the acad.mnu file was manipulated with a text editor like notepad then had to be compiled into an .mns or mnr file.[/quote']

As I remember, acad.mnu was compiled to acad.mnc. Acad.mns also was refined version of acad.mnu created by AutoCAD.:wink:

I have been using 2000i and have customized the menu. I am taking a new job and the company uses 2011. Can I use the customized 2000i menu with 2011?

If before installing ACAD 2011, there is a version of ACAD 2000i installed and not removed from registry, you will have an option to migrate all customizations from 2000i to 2011. Simply go to Windows menu and run appropriate program. On my computer the path to the shortcut is: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011\Migrate Custom Settings\Migrate From a Previous Release, and the main program is: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011\AdMigrator.exe

• 4 years later...

Very simple if you have just edited your acad.mnu just find all your customised menu and cut it out to notepad, you can create partial menus and just Menuload a bit of a menu into your main menu or CUIX which is where everything lives now. We use all partials as it makes it easy to migrate updates just using Menuload. Adding stuff to a partial just menuunload then menuload the update. There are a couple of extra bits like forcing a save of your current workspace else you may find next time menu is not there.

Here is the header of one of mine

***MENUGROUP=BIGALSTDS

***POP15
**CADLIB
            [LIBRARY] 1st line in my menu

a toolbar version

***MENUGROUP=ALANSTOOLBAR
***TOOLBARS
**ALANSTOOLS
ID_TbModify  [_Toolbar("Alans", _Right, _Show, 0, 0, 1)]
AECC_ShowTS  [_Button("Show Toolspace", RCDATA_16_IMAGE, RCDATA_16_IMAGE)]^C^C^C^P_ShowTS
ID_Matchprop [_Button("Match Properties", RCDATA_16_MATCH, RCDATA_16_MATCH)]^C^C_matchprop
ID_Erase     [_Button("Erase", RCDATA_16_ERASE, RCDATA_32_ERASE)]^C^C_erase