Civil drafting school project help

Autocadstudent

How did you get your pc to the right of culdesac. I measured 50ft. away from center of culdesac starting point and it is to the left due to the driveway contour. I mean, are you supposed to rotate the drawing before transferring points.

The section follows the centerline. If you project the points from the cul-di-sac perpendicular to the centerline, this will give you the locations.

Be carefull about rotating the drawing. This can change your bench mark position. I would copy the drawing to a new drawing that you will not be turning in.

This way it will be safe to make the changes, and if it isn't right you do not loose the origional drawing.

Edited by Car5858

i got it. the ocean avenue section wasn't working correctly with center of culdesac being west of sta 0+50. i rotated the drawing where everything correlated west to east and left to right. It looks like yours now so I will assume that it is correct> thanks for your help

CAR COULD you post a close up of section A. I am having a hard time understanding how to transfer the points for the cross section since it is looking at the driveway from the east to west instead of south to north as the profile was.

Car: Why do you have two separated drawings on plate 4? The instructor just emailed me and said that it was one drawing. If this is so, then that's a fairly small drawing for the 11 x 17 drawing sheet.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone

Good morningCIVIL DRAFTING PROJECT (DRAWING THE PROPOSED DRIVEWAY AND BUILDING SITE (PLATE-2).dwg

I am struggling with this project.Can anyone help me finish my project? The numbers on above images are not clearly visible.It would be great if someone post the dwg. files for this project.I am not sure,wether i am on the right track or not?I have attched my dwgs. with this quote,I would really appericiate if some one have a look on it and give me solution to finish this.

Thanks

CIVIL DRAFTING PROJECT (DRAFTING THE EXISTING SITE PLAN (PLATE-1).dwg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Draw a construction line from the PC @85

Following your instructions worked. Can you please tell me how you calculated this bearing so I know for future reference please?

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry it came from Post #69 by Ipseifert

Penn Foster Instructions "Beginning at the center of the cul-de-sac of Ocean Avenue, travel 50 feet at a bearing of S15˚W to the PC. (thats all fine) The centerline then curves to the left. Its radius is 85 feet and its delta angle is 97˚. The centerline then travels 185 feet"Ipsiefert response:"Draw a construction line from the PC @85

this will give the center point of the arc

Then start/draw the Arc command using Start (PC)> Center > Angle (97)

Immediately after the arc command use the Line command > hit enter and enter 185

Erase the construction line"

chloe: I hope this will help. It is not to scale dimensionally but the angles are correct. Treat it like I sketched it on a cocktail napkin.

You can also refer to post #75 by car5858.

BearingStraight.dwg

Edited by ReMark

Hi,

I am almost finished with plate 2. Can someone please tell me if it looks ok?

Thanks!

Edited by chloe2012

So slight problem,

I uploaded my file and now when I open it, it has a plot stamp attached to the file. Anyway to remove this?

Why do you want to remove it? You're using an educational version so it is supposed to be there.

Re: your uploaded drawing. Isn't there supposed to be a culvert?

I haven't fully finished the drawing, just want to make sure everything thus far is correct.

When I open my original file to continue working on the project it opens with the plot stamp.

Well I still don't see the plot stamp as being a problem. I'll have to check your drawing further. The missing culvert was the first thing I noticed.

Hi,

Can someone tell me if I did plate 3 correctly. It doesn't look like the pics posted previously, so I am doubting myself.

Thanks!

Edited by chloe2012