Vertical xref clipping boundaries?

tutt

I know that I´m supposed to make one drawing for each level when I draw several story buildings, but this time for some reason I just did one drawing for the whole building, and then I xref the different sections into it. Problem is that in plan view when I want to view plan 2 I get the windows and doors etc from plan 1.

No problems, I thought, I´ll just create a clipping boundary so that everything beneath plan 2 will be hidden, and it works really well when in 3d view, but as soon as I press the "top" button, the whole xref suddenly dissappear! :(

Here are some pictures to help explaining my problem:

http://i52.tinypic.com/1zpmd06.jpg - looks exactly as I want

http://i51.tinypic.com/24w4x9z.jpg - Where did it go??

Very thankful for any help with this!

Hi Qball. Thank you for the reply!

I am using xclip, I simply select the xref, and choose "create clipping boundary" in the external references tab, then I draw a rectangle to choose the area I want to show.

I have also tried to use Clip with clipdepth but it gives me the same result

:(

I didn't know about 3d clipping until I read your post. But from what I understand your 2d clipping rectangle is at the elevation of your UCS (0 Z coordinate), then your clipdepth goes up the specified distance from that. You would have to move the UCS up to each floor before you specify your Clipdepth.

ie. if the first floor is 10ft high and at Z=0, then you create the clip with UCS at 0 and clipdepth 10ft.

second floor, move ucs up to 10ft, create clip with clipdepth up to 3rd floor.