AutoCAD 2012 - Some anomolies I have encountered.

ReMark

I swear it seems like last week.

Aren't cyborgs time travellers? Could have been last week. For that matter, you could make it next week if you wanted. :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Jack_O'neill

• SLW210

• rkent

I haven't experienced any problems with 2012 yet but I did upgrade the graphics driver immediately after the acad upgrade because the old one was considered "not certified" even though it was certified for 2011. I'd say a number of the glitches are due to graphics so make sure you check the hardware compatibility page.

The only problem I've been having, so far, is the old disappearing crosshair problem. I remember having this problem in 2010 or 2011, if I had a viewport active and then did a plot preview my crosshair would disappear upon exiting the preview. But if I immediately did another plot preview my crosshair would come back. The service pack ended up fixing that problem. But now the problem seems to be back, and I have not found a way to get the crosshair to return except to close the drawing and then open it back up. I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what's causing it, but it happened several times yesterday. I will have to pay closer attention on Monday and see if I can determine exactly what's causing it.

I tried to reproduce that problem but couldn't. I guess most of these glitches are context specific and therefore difficult to pin down. I hope 2012 doesn't turn out to be a bug-fest because there are some good things about it - I'm particularly liking the view options in the top left of viewports.

I'm particularly liking the view options in the top left of viewports.

Yes, that's a nice feature. Brought over from 3DS Max.

As for my Autocad problem, I'm the only one in my office using 2012 right now, so I don't know if it's an issue specific to my machine or not. I'll have to pay attention tomorrow and see if I can figure out what's causing it.

I have had the disappearing crosshair in 2011. It seems to have gone away with the upgrade in computers even though the graphics card is only slightly better. Mine was disappearing when switching Layout Tabs and going from Paper to Model, sometimes in Model Tab, pretty sure it is MOSTLY Graphics card related, though twice it changed the color of the crosshairs for Layout Tab and I had to go back and reset the color, which would indicate it was AutoCAD related.

• 2 months later...

i get a bluescreen everytime i hit save on one pc. this bugs is in both 2011 and 2012 64bit versions PC specs - intel dual core E6600 2.13hgz + 4gb ddr 2 corsair xms2 ram pc6400 + windows 7 home premium 64bit + ATI 5450 HD 1GB graphics card with upto date drivers. with my other 3 pcs i get alsorts of bugs... hatching causes crashes to desktop (fatal errors), disappearing cursors, slow performance in paperview mode. imo AUTOCAD has become bloated, buggy and awful to use. if only i could get r14 to work in win 7 64bit.... that was by far the most stable version of autocad ive ever used.

i get a bluescreen everytime i hit save on one pc. this bugs is in both 2011 and 2012 64bit versions PC specs - intel dual core E6600 2.13hgz + 4gb ddr 2 corsair xms2 ram pc6400 + windows 7 home premium 64bit + ATI 5450 HD 1GB graphics card with upto date drivers. with my other 3 pcs i get alsorts of bugs... hatching causes crashes to desktop (fatal errors), disappearing cursors, slow performance in paperview mode. imo AUTOCAD has become bloated, buggy and awful to use. if only i could get r14 to work in win 7 64bit.... that was by far the most stable version of autocad ive ever used.

R14 was a good product. 2007 is good too. I have it on one machine here, never have any problems. This machine is running 2010, and I actually like it better than any I've used. I am running XP though. Staying away from a new operating system as long as possible. Haven't heard anything good at all about Vista, and not much good about Seven.

I can't say I've had any real problems running 2010, 2011 or 2012 on Windows 7. Nor with any previous versions on XP either (we skipped 2007 so I haven't try that one).

win 7 is fine for pretty much every other appliacation i have. Autodesk need to stop rolling out new versions every year and go back to every 2 years instead.... then spend an extra year bug fixing. also it would be nice for a slimline version of autocad (not autocad lt) cos it would still need to do a bit of 3d.... just not as bloated as 2012 has become.

I had planned to wait for the first 2012 service pack because of all the bug reports. but I went ahead and installed it over the weekend anyway and I've already had more crashes and freezes than I've had during the whole last year using 2011 :glare:

• 4 weeks later...

I unfortunatley convinced my office to switch to 2012 civil 3D

Also upgraded to a new computer at the same time.

I really regrete it now. 2012 has been nothing but a headache.

It crashes when doing the simplest things such as hatching small

areas or even scaling a line! 2009 was bad 2010 very stable, 2011

crap and now 2012 seams to have gotten even worse.

I use LDD 2004 at home and it never crashes.