• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JD Mather

• nestly

• eldon

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The instructions given are in conflict, one part says to bisect the angle another says to draw to the mid-point of the shortest leg.

You need to know what is truly needed first or draw it both ways and give both answers.

Might the diagram be of a 3D figure :?

I assumed it is based on the hints/instructions given. But one part says to bisect the angle and another part says to draw to the middle of the short line, the OP needs to know which they want.

Yeah, I'm not smart enough to understand the instructions. What's the point of drawing a xline if you're using the option.

Ambiguous, IMO

If you forget the "hint", the angle between the longest line and the bisecting line is >> 90° - angle between longest line and shortest line, assuming that the bisecting line is perpendicular to the shortest line. The "hint" is not entirely clear to me.

A hint...it says nothing of bisecting an angle. It says to bisect the shortest line.

Have you tried the xline, bisect option and tried to bisect the short line? The instructions are bad. And if you do draw between the vertex and the middle of the line you will get two angles, which one do they want?

Pretty much what is asked is to rotate the triangle (3D) around to the Plan View (new ucs), then draw a line from the vertex of the two longest lines through the midpoint of the shortest line, then determine the angle between the 'bisecting line' and the longest side.

Does anyone know where my horse got off to? I left him right over there.:wink:

A hint...it says nothing of bisecting an angle. It says to bisect the shortest line.

If I try and use the Bisect option in Xline, it only offers to bisect an angle. But then why does the hint go on to say to the mid point of the line? Nothing about bisecting there.

But if you want to bisect an angle and go to the midpoint of a line, then the only plane figure that I know matches up with that is an isosceles triangle, or an equilateral (equiangular) triangle. The given figure is not one of those, so must be rotated in 3D until it matches up. It did say at the beginning about a True angle, so implicating that the given figure did not lie in the 3D plane of the triangle.

These horses are getting puffed out with all the hurdle crossings :D

If I try and use the Bisect option in Xline, it only offers to bisect an angle. But then why does the hint go on to say to the mid point of the line? Nothing about bisecting there.

But if you want to bisect an angle and go to the midpoint of a line, then the only plane figure that I know matches up with that is an isosceles triangle, or an equilateral (equiangular) triangle. The given figure is not one of those, so must be rotated in 3D until it matches up. It did say at the beginning about a True angle, so implicating that the given figure did not lie in the 3D plane of the triangle.

These horses are getting puffed out with all the hurdle crossings :D

The hint is confusing to us because we are not privy to the information discussed before the assignment, as is apparently the situation with the OP.

Speaking of the OP, go back and check out their posting history. Very dissapointing level of response, especially in responding to requests for further details. Seems to me a series of requests for completed homework assignments.

Pretty much what is asked is to rotate the triangle (3D) around to the Plan View (new ucs), then draw a line from the vertex of the two longest lines through the midpoint of the shortest line, then determine the angle between the 'bisecting line' and the longest side.

Does anyone know where my horse got off to? I left him right over there.:wink:

WINNER!

Following the instructions exactly I get this.

WINNER!

I am afraid that your triangle looks nothing like the OP's and your angle is not bisected (by tracing over your image). I think that we should not dive into the realms of fantasy, before the OP returns and gives details of the given figure.

Can you contain yourself on this, or shall we go off at tangents :shock:

WINNER!

Not so fast. Without the drawing you have no idea which leg is the longest. You can easily draw that to have one of the other legs be the longest.

The OP's ambiguous questions and failure to provide clarification when asked, is becoming too divisive.

IMO he should be censored, unless he's willing to participate in his own topics.

To me, it is very curious that the sides should be referred to as the longest and the shortest. Why not mark the vertices by letters (A, B and C), and designate the sides accordingly?

There is more to this than the OP is letting us know.