Viewport scales

Burke85

I am having a problem fitting my drawing into 24x36 sheet at scales 1:50, 1:40 etc. It seems like it is zooming in on the drawing way to much. I have never had an issue with this before but for some reason today I cant figure it out.Any suggestions or settings I can adjust to fix this?(Autocad 2002)

To be honest with you all I did was start the new drawing, and change the units to architectural. I have a site plan that's approximately 900' x 350' and when I put it on the 24x36 sheet using a viewport at 1:50, 1:40 or even 1:100 it doesnt fit.

To be honest with you all I did was start the new drawing, and change the units to architectural. I have a site plan that's approximately 900' x 350' and when I put it on the 24x36 sheet using a viewport at 1:50, 1:40 or even 1:100 it doesnt fit.

? 350'x12" ' = 4200"/24" = 1:175 ; 900'x12" ' = 10800"/36" = 1:300

Change what settings? That is just the math to show your model on a 24x36 sheet. You will have to scale at 1:300 for your model to bee completely on the paper. You may need to add 1:300 with the custom scale. Or 1/32" = 1'=0" is close.

Also one more quick question if you have a minute. Is there a difference between 1"=30' and 1:30

The first is Imperial and the second is Metric.

Viewport zoom scale factors:

1"=30' = 1/360XP while 1:30 = 1/30XP

Also one more quick question if you have a minute. Is there a difference between 1"=30' and 1:30

those scales are not the same. 30' is 360" so it's like 1" = 360". Basically just echoing what Remark said, but isn't xp a dated term?

You should probably be using a metric border for metric scaled drawing.

XP is not a dated term. It is how one inputs the zoom scale factor if done manually. I stopped using that feature a while ago. I use the scales in my scalelist and if one is missing I add it.