Convert DWF to PDF?

ORgrown

Version: ACAD2009

Have a bunch of DWFs (because it's smart!), but company Netbooks assigned to Techs are Linux-based...Autodesk still won't support Linux w/DesignReview and company won't use FreeWheel (proprietary info, security, etc.).

SO, is there a FREE way to convert a DWF into a PDF, keeping the multi-sheets, and is there a way to batch convert? I'm a crybaby so I'd rather not have to go back through hundreds of DWGs to re-plot. :(

(...although...I *do* get paid by the hour...!...nah...can't in good conscience not look for a smarter way!)

Thanks, Everyone.

Theres tons of stuff just google some free some not, also if you used the publish command & saved your list (good idea really as if like me! how many times are you asked for the same prints) then just load up & change plotter, job done

http://www.autodwg.com/pdf/dwf2pdf.htm

http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/dwf-to-pdf.html

Now how come I didn't know DWF print to PDF?! Sheesh...I feel like a bonehead. Now I just need to download CutePDF or something (only have Acrobat Reader)...

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Edited by ORgrown

• 6 months later...

Hey,

I am jumping in this discussion a bit late.

To resume, you can convert from DWF to PDF with Autodesk Review, but then ou still need a PDF creator software as Acrobat or other?

Cheers,

M

Hey,

I am jumping in this discussion a bit late.

To resume, you can convert from DWF to PDF with Autodesk Review, but then you still need a PDF creator software as Acrobat or other?

Cheers,

M

No, you only need the DWFtoPDF to create the file. You will need a PDF viewer to view the PDF, but everyone should have a reader. Older versions of AutoCAD do not have DWGtoPDF and need separate software, but latest Design Review should. I have no idea why the OP needed CutePDF, maybe for batch conversion

Hi SWL,

Thx for your reply.

So no need for Acrobat at all? Is the PDF created within Design Review something that everybody can open? Good quality too? Important to get a nice rendition here so... Do you think using Acrobat will give better finish?

Cheers,

M

I do not use Acrobat for creating PDF, I use the AutoCAD DWGtoPDF and have had no complaints on quality. Any one with a PDF reader (most should have Adobe Reader) can view a PDF created by DWGtoPDF.

Do you think using Acrobat will give better finish?

Why don't you print some pdf's and see for yourself? Print using Acrobat, print using dwgtopdf, print using cutepdf or whatever other pdf software you have and then compare the results. I don't think you will see any real difference in quality between any of them but take a look and decide for yourself, and then use the one that you like best.

• 2 years later...