Transferring Ral Colours to properties?

Steve_wright

Hi Steve, Yes you can, first your styles have to be set to "read/write" (in the project settings).

then open a part or assembly - go to manage -styles editor at the bottom left is "import" - browse to where the RAL_colors.stxml file is select and open. Then use update to update the styles in the library.

If you need any metal styles just let me know, I had to make a lot of them when I was working.

Cheers

Al.

Hi Steve, Yes you can, first your styles have to be set to "read/write" (in the project settings).

then open a part or assembly - go to manage -styles editor at the bottom left is "import" - browse to where the RAL_colors.stxml file is select and open. Then use update to update the styles in the library.

If you need any metal styles just let me know, I had to make a lot of them when I was working.

Cheers

Al.

Thank you for the reply AL !

I've never come across stmxl files before ..do i need to down load ral colours in this format?

if yes could you please send me a link to do this .

Thank you Steve :thumbsup:

It's ok Al i managed it....and wow haha love it !!

http://www.cadstudio.cz/en/download.asp?file=RAL+color+palette

Edited by Steve_wright

Now then don't know what i have done ..but it seems that the ral pallet does not want to stay in inventor...lol

I have to keep adding the pallet every time i need the colours is this right?

and Al i would be grateful if you could send me your metal styles .:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you

Steve

Now then don't know what i have done ..but it seems that the ral pallet does not want to stay in inventor...lol

I have to keep adding the pallet every time i need the colours is this right?

and Al i would be grateful if you could send me your metal styles .:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Steve,

Did you follow my instructions to the letter, i.e. the read/write part in project manager and the update styles. If not then the style is not added to your library and you will have to reload every time.

re the metal styles, send me a PM with your e-mail address, and I will send them.

Cheers Al.

Hi Steve,

Did you follow my instructions to the letter, i.e. the read/write part in project manager and the update styles. If not then the style is not added to your library and you will have to reload every time.

re the metal styles, send me a PM with your e-mail address, and I will send them.

Cheers Al.

Maybe i am in the wrong area

i clicked projects - use style library - right clicked use styles library then got 3 options yes read only and no

so i just clicked yes ?

I've sent you a pm as well :D

Steve

Edited by Steve_wright